The alpha version of Link-Dead is an iterative process were I might change something completely just to see how fun it is. This new build changes entirely two critical gameplay elements. First of all I unified the damage model. This means all weapons behave nearly the same when doing damage. A picture describing this can be found below. I hope this change will bring some tactical variety to the game because it is now VERY easy to die, so you’ll have to be very careful about what you are doing, how you expose yourself, what gun you are fighting against etc.
Second thing is I removed weight classes and replaced it with a gradual system. This means that every piece of inventory you add affects your weight. Weight then gradually affects your movement speed, climbing speed, ability to climb walls, roll and fatigue. I hope this change eliminates artificial inventory shuffling that was done in order to stay in a given class.
This is not all. There is a couple important bug fixes and other improvements.
I added an Armor Repair Kit for Einheriar. It means you can now weld your damaged armor!
There are also some visual & audo improvements. Step sounds are completely remade and sound a lot nicer. They were done by a proffesional (LD’s musician Maciej Stankiewicz). But most importantly there are new BLOOD decals:
You can download this game for any donation for my game development right now.
IMPORTANT: When you first run this version be sure to change your Sneak Toggle button to Z or any other key you want. If you don’t do this it is probably the same button as melee (Shift).
IMPORTANT 2: If the game fails to auto-update, please go to the LD folder and rename LD.bak to LD.exe.
The SNES port isn’t a joke. Well almost. You can turn the SNES mode on if you change the resolution to something low like: 320×200. To do this open Scripts/autoconfig.gm and edit v_width & v_height.
Meet you on the servers.
Here is the complete changelog.
- added Armor Repair Kit for Einheriar
- changed soldier/bullet collision; hands don't block chest and head
- removed weight classes; weight affects speed and movements gradually
- separated sneak form aiming; sneak is now toggle with (default Z) key
- soldier can walk and patch
- melee and punch now execute fully when tapped fire
- corpse stays longer if is being hit
- recoil doesn't move mouse[effects]
- new reworked foot step sounds
- jump sounds based on material
- new blood decals
- visual modifications and fixes on Factory map
- map edge lines not drawn on glass edge
- fixed bullet collisions after passing glass
- fixed spear collisions
- fixed ragdoll death forces
- synchronized blood particle with blood wall paint
- fixed attached parts getting stretched too much on lag
- fixed grabbing floor from below
- fixed not being able to strike with buttstock close to enemy
- new unified damage system (all guns modified)
- increased gravity on all lead & shotgun bullets
- new easter egg
- disabled blood map decal drawing on minalist preset
- console messages are timestamped
Last but not least. A week ago I asked Prince to write a song about the new Link-Dead build. Being a fan of my games he happily made a new song called “build 1999″. Enjoy: